How to Consign
We are a community passionate about fashion and sustainability. We'd love for you to join us as a consignor! It's a great way to reduce waste, earn some money, and buy more clothes!
Check out our Consignment Agreement to sign up for consigning with us!
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We take in items according to the season.
- February and March: Spring clothing
- April, May and June: Summer clothing
- July: Transitional pieces (layering pieces, cardigans, closed toed shoes, handbags, light knitwear. No shorts, sundresses, tanks or summer prints)
- August and September: Autumn clothing
- October and November: Winter clothing
- December: Winter coats & boots, and holiday party wear
- January: Transitional peices (lighter knits and colours, booties, handbags, jeans, jewelry)
- Formal dresses suitable for prom, grad and weddings are accepted from February - early May
- Women's clothing, footwear, handbags and accessories [sizes 0 to plus]. Limited casual men's wear is accepted. Maternity clothing also accepted.
- Items that are freshly laundered.
Those who smoke should pay extra attention to this, as smoke lingers in clothing. Please double check underarm and neck areas for any staining.
- Items folded neatly in a bag.
- Perfect or near perfect condition - no fading, stains, snags or pills.
- Better brand names purchased within the last 3 years unless considered a classic style. 'Better brands' generally excludes items from Walmart, Joe Fresh, Ardene's, Giant Tiger etc. We find it challenging to get a good price for these items since they often don't hold up well after washing and can be bought new at a lower price point.
How It Works:
You may drop off items at anytime during our business hours. When you bring your items in, we will select what our customers will buy. Sometimes there will be items that we cannot sell. Please understand that our customers' preferences and our current inventory must be our selection guidelines. More information on what types of items we are looking for can be found on our website under 'Consign with Us'.
A) Drop and Run: You will let us donate your 'no thank you items'. Drop off any number of items, give us your permission to automatically donate any 'no thank you items' or unsold items to local charity.
B) Hold and Pickup: Drop off any number of items and return same day or within 7 days to pick up any 'no thank you' items. Please specify at drop-off that you would like to return for these items. Items unclaimed after 7 days will be donated to local charity.
The Consignment Period:
Items accepted for sale will be kept for 60 days. After this period, The Clothing Loft may donate unsold items on your behalf, if it is your preference.
Alternatively, if consignors would like their items returned, they have 7 days after the 60 day period to come find and collect their unsold items. If items are not picked up within 7 days of the 60 day period ending The Clothing Loft may donate any items using their own discretion.
We can provide you a reminder card with your 'pick-up' date when you drop off (this only applies if you are a 'Return Unsold Items' consignor).
We will do our best to safeguard your items, but we are not responsible for damage or loss.
You will receive 40% of the selling price after the item sells. If at anytime you would like to check on the status of your account, you may stop in, call or email the store to inquire. You may stop in for any money owed to you at any time during your consignment period, or you may wait until the end of the period to collect. We will also do e-transfers for payouts if requested.
Welcome, thank you and we're so glad to have you! <3